ss_blog_claim=1fa4ece036678c8260e2e547a5838d7b ss_blog_claim=1fa4ece036678c8260e2e547a5838d7b
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

September 21, 2008

Alay Lakad 2008 (Walk for A Cause)


Waking up early has always been an issue to me ever since when I was kid. Today September 21, 2008, sunday) is supposedly a rest day for me but since we had this annual activity dubbed as


Alay Lakad or Walk for A Cause 2008



I was up at around 5:30 in the morning again. The assembly area was at Sto Nino Church and we headed towards Cebu City Sports Complex it’s where the program officially open and guess what the complex was totally full packed of people. This is because Alay Lakad 08 was participated by almost all government and non government sectors in the City of Cebu.



I was impressed in today’s activity it's not just because were obliged to attend but I saw a lot of people there who really stayed till the program was done, because usually after the attendance especially the student and the working mothers will be gone, but today is different.





Another thing I would like to commend is the presence of our beloved Mayor Tommy Osmena and first lady Margot Osmena with them is Cebu’s North Cong. Raul Del mar. The main purpose of this activity is to raise funds through donations for the Cebu City Out of School Youth,giving them the opportunity to be educated and be a better citizen in the future.



Now I would say my(others) lil sacrifice (waking up early and walking with them) was worth it. It is one way of showing support to my fellow youth out there.


I hope to see you guys next Alay Lakay 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template